Monday, November 12, 2012

Carla Hall Visits Columbia Wegmans


This weekend my daughter and I were at the movies.  To my surprise, when I checked Facebook news feed, I saw that Carla Hall was across the street at the Columbia Wegmans signing her brand new cookbook Cooking with Love.  Carla Hall is one of the hosts on the TV show "The Chew" and a former contestant on Bravo's "Top Chef."  My wife and I have taken cooking classes with Carla prior to her role in her new show.  She is a wonderful teacher and cooks with such passion while having so much fun in the process.  We got our copy of "Cooking with Love" signed by her and my daughter, who was a little shy about meeting someone on TV, was so thrilled.  I haven't had a chance to read through the cookbook yet, but glancing through the recipes, I know that I will be making many of the recipes in this cookbook.  The book has her recipe for her Chicken Pot Pie which was such an extraordinary hit on Top Chef.  Looking forward to trying it myself.   

Wegmans had a great setup for the signing.  They had made about 10 recipes from Carla's cookbook and was giving out samples of the finished result.  Some of the highlights were Salmon Cakes, Pecan Shortbread, Beer Barbecued Beef Brisket, and Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce.  Thanks Wegmans for putting on a great event. 

If you are looking for great Christmas ideas, you can also check out Carla's cookie business and order a tin of cookies for a special gift.  Check out her website at:  Alchemy by Carla Hall.  You can buy a collection of either sweet or savory cookies.  We have purchased some in the past and they are delicious. 

hocofood@@@


No comments:

Post a Comment